Sebastian Juan Villarreal, MDNeurosurgeon
Dr. Sebastian Juan Villarreal is a neurosurgeon fully trained to treat disorders of the brain, spine, and its coverings. He received his Doctorate of Medicine and completed his neurosurgical residency training both at the University of Texas at Houston Medical School. He is a San Antonio native who graduated from MacArthur High School and later attended the University of the Incarnate Word, where he met his wife, Daniela. They recently welcomed their first child, a baby boy.
Dr. Villarreal decided to return to San Antonio and join the team at Texas Neurosurgical Spine in 2018. Dr. Villarreal has always considered San Antonio his home and the community he can best serve.
Dr. Villarreal was drawn to practice medicine in the hopes of alleviating pain, decreasing suffering, and improving the lives of individuals in his community. After over 12 years of training in one of the largest medical centers in the world, the Texas Medical Center, Dr. Villarreal incorporates a comprehensive, evidence-based approach tailored to each individual patient and is dedicated to provide the patient with the best experience.
In his spare time, Dr. Villarreal enjoys spending time with his family, cycling, jogging, grilling, and giving back to his San Antonio community.
Dr. Villarreal specializes in:
- Surgical treatment of brain and spine tumors
- Cervical decompression with/without fusion for herniated disc, spinal stenosis or degenerative disc disease
- Minimally invasive thoracic or lumbar discectomy for herniated disc
- Minimally invasive thoracic or lumbar decompression for spinal stenosis
- Minimally invasive cervical, thoracic, or lumbar fusion for instability, fracture or degenerative disc disease
- Kyphoplasty for osteoporotic or pathologic spinal fractures.
- Spinal cord stimulation for failed back surgery, chronic pain, RDS, or CRPS
- Intrathecal pump therapy for chronic pain or spasticity.
- VP shunts
- Methodist Healthcare System
- Christus Santa Rosa Healthcare System